Current vacancies are posted below, but we are always looking for suitably qualified individuals to join our team – if you think you could make a valuable contribution to any of our business sectors please send us a copy of your CV together with a covering letter.
Graduate Business Administrator
Pittards plc has 200 people working in our Yeovil factory, transforming hides and skins into the finest leathers in the world. We ship our products around the globe, supplying the leading sport and fashion brands.
We are recruiting a Graduate Business Administrator to join our growing Production team. The successful application will be working alongside our team of Production Managers and Supervisors, with a key influence on the planning and organisation of the operation. This is an entry level position ideally suited for a Graduate seeking a full-time role in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, punctual and an eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen problem solver
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to analyse, summarise and present data
- Database or SQL experience advantageous, but not essential
- The ability to work with people at all levels and build effective working relationships
- Able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes.
39.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Benefits are 23-days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a Life Assurance lump sum scheme, and an auto-enrolment pension scheme. Car parking on-site is free.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Mike Fear (HR Manager) at email@example.com and attach a copy of your CV.
DESIGNER DEVELOPER LEATHERGOODS
Are you a leathergoods designer who delights in 3D product development as much as the concept creation? We are looking for a new team member to fulfil a varied brief that runs from designing for our own brands, including Daines & Hathaway, to working with our third-party customers in order to turn their visions into commercial reality.
You will have experience in working with leather and be comfortable with carrying out production processes including prepping, splitting, skiving, and stitching as part of sampling operations.
- Minimum two years leathergoods design and development
- Ability to work to a brief and draft patterns by hand
- Knowledge of tech packs, how to create and maintain them
- Understanding of production and completion of costings
- Practical skills that can contribute to sample realisation and developing for efficient manufacturing
- Use of Microsoft Office and Adobe design platforms
The position is full-time and based at our Yeovil, Somerset HQ.
Interested? Please submit a CV and covering email to CBaker@pittards.com
• C&G 2365 (Level 3 Diploma)
• AM2 (Net)
• C&G 2391 (Inspection and Testing)
• C&G 2382 (18th Edition)
• JIB Gold Card Holder.
Time previously served in an apprenticeship desirable. Experience working in an industrial environment advantageous.
Salary: Competitive, depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full time, 39.5hrs over a 5-day week
Monday-Thursday (8.00am – 4.30pm)
Friday (8.00am – 4.00pm).
Benefits include 23-days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a Life Assurance lump sum scheme, and an auto-enrolment pension scheme. Car parking on-site is free.
To apply, please forward your CV to Mike Fear, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pittards is an equal opportunities employer. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Experienced Leather Goods Sewing Machinists – Full or Part-time.
We are seeking experienced leather goods sewing machinists for the production of our premium products and garments.
- Previous experience is essential.
- This role can accommodate part-time working.
- Please look at our website to see the range of leather goods we create and if you have the skills to make these things too, we can arrange a work trial for you.
Successful applicants will be based at our Yeovil factory for 39.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 4.30 p.m.
To apply please send a CV together with a covering letter to Mike Fear, HR Manager.